From the President
Casa Foundation Annual Report- 2020; 2021 Programs
Happy New Year and welcome to 2021, a year of Great recoveries on all fronts. Casa Foundation continued with its mandate to improve the living conditions of the needy in our communities.
2020 was an incredible year with the COVID-19 pandemic ravaging the world and grounding almost all economic activities to a halt. COVID-19 has magnified disparities in our socio-economic and political systems and have negatively impacted businesses and entrepreneurs around the world, particularly Black entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs are facing an even greater burden largely due to systemic inequality, discrimination, and lack of access to needed supports and services. However, all hope is not lost. The government initiated many palliatives and relief packages to support business and communities to recover from the pandemic. Casa Foundation and its Partners also initiated programs and funding supports for its community groups.
Some of the supports programs Initiated by Casa Foundation and its partners include:
- RiseUPPitch.ca – An Initiative to support Black Women with Funds for Business recovery. Free
- DiverseWomenofCanada- A program by Skills for Change to Celebrate immigrant Women. Casa Foundation is a Partner.. Free
- BlackEntrepreneurshipYouthInitiative: A Program that features accomplished Black young Entrepreneurs as role models.Free
- Entrepreneurs Exchange: A program to support newcomers and Women Entrepreneurs to find careers and integrate. Free
In line with our Mission to advance Women, Youths, and emerging leaders in racialised communities through our relief, support, and business empowerment programs, Casa Foundation continued to Pivot and scale up by presenting all its programs to a Virtual audience. We focused our programs and services on the less visible minorities to support the advancement of education, through our EP Academy business support programs. All programs were offered free. Due to the rising no of businesses shutting down and the black businesses badly hit by the Impact of COVID-19, we offered more Mentorship and Partnership facilitation sessions to help build and develop resiliency in startups groups within racialised communities, particularly the Black community.
The year 2021 offers hope of great recovery in greater dimension as a New season starts. We are very optimistic that a New Dawn beckons post COVID-19. We are hopeful that with the steady rollout of the Vaccines by the 1st Quarter, there is hope for a Fresh Start, for New opportunities, for New connections, to Recover lost businesses, and discover new Treasures.
Casa Foundation extends its appreciation to all its Stakeholders in the Community and our Sponsors.
On behalf of our Board of Advisors, I also wish to thank all our Partners, Collaborators, and Support eco-systems for Partnering with us to delivers various services to solve the issues in our community, and around other related groups.
I look forward to working with you all again in the new year.
God Bless you All.
Read more in: CasaFoundation News
Click for other Highlights of Casa Foundation Events
- Watch: Friends of Africa (FOA) 2020; Economic Development Summit
- Don’t miss 2021 Programs
- Subscribe to CasaFoundation on Youtube.com/Casafoundation to Watch all programs LIVE
- 10th March: Women Inspire 2021 -1st Virtual Experience
- 2021: Kindly Note all Training Sessions are now Offered through the EP Academy
- 2021: Don’t Miss any Casa Foundation Training- Choose from 40 different Programs from Selfcare, Wellness, to Business.
- 2021: Watch out for Friends of Africa Coalition Partners: October: Friends of Africa 2021 (FOA2021)
We look forward to welcoming our partners, business men, professionals, and Public and Private Sector Leaders from Africa and North America to a great opportunity to network, interact and share ideas at these sessions. Join us to participate at this exciting annual event, to discuss Business opportunities, to showcase startups before investors, and to connect young Entrepreneurs to role Models across the Globe, while Presenting business Ideas at the Pitch.
We thank you for your continued support and expect to welcome you to our 2021 programs.