Thank you for attending one of our Friends of Africa (FOA) sessions in the past. Here are links to the 3-Day FOA 2020 Summit for your kind review. Kindly relive and share the FOA 2020 10th year anniversary links with your Networks. Your comments are welcome.
Day 1: FOA 2020- Pitch Masters
Day 2: FOA2020 Main Summit
Day 3: FOA 2020 Keynote sessions
Pre –FOA Summit Sessions
Friends of Africa (FOA2020) Summary Report
FOA Economic Summit celebrated its 10th year anniversary on Thanksgiving weekend from the 9th-11th of October as a Virtual Summit on the 9th-10th October, and a small reception on the 11th October.
Friends of Africa hosted 35 speakers and an Audience of over 2,500 over 2 days, from the Government, Private, Academic, and Diplomatic sectors across regions of Africa, North America, and Europe.
The Theme for this year was “Reigniting Global Trade- Road to recovery”.
Many private sector leaders and Governments spoke from Africa, Canadá, Europe, and USA on the efforts of their respective governments, regions, and businesses towards economic and business recovery, reopening, and support offered to businesses to kickstart the economy.
The Premier of Ontario, The Honorable Doug Ford, welcomed Friends of Africa 2020 delegates to Canada.
Plenary and Panel sessions had Vice Presidents of Top Universities, private sector CEOs, Presidents of Chambers of Commerce, His Excellency Prosper Higiro, Ambassador of Rwanda, Her Excellency Fatima Broule Meiti, Ambassador of Mali, and Ag Consul General of South Africa in Hongkong (2020), amongst many other private/public sector experts at the summit. FOA 2020 discussants focused on the following areas:
- Experts from the Academic sector spoke to the audience on how the education system can unlock the Digital Economy.
- Experts from the Diplomatic sector spoke on fast tracking the process of restarting Global Trade.
- Experts from Government sector spoke on how to reignite Global Economies
- Experts from Private sector discussed new business opportunities across borders
At the Keynote sessions were His Excellency Wamkele Mene, Secretary General of African Continental Free Trade Area and The Hon. Dr. Zainab Ahmed, Nigeria’s Minister of Finance,Budget, and Planning.
- FOA Keynotes discussed the need for Africans to proffer solutions to their own economic empowerment to realise the AFCTA dream of Agenda 2063- The Africa we Want.
- FOA Panel sessions shared insights on the road to recovery for businesses by Special guests including: The Hon Victor Fedeli, The Hon Prabmeet Sarkaria (Canada); Dr. Ayo Teriba (Nigeria), Leon Naidoo (South Africa) and more.
I look forward to welcoming you to Friends of Africa (FOA2021) summit.
From: Team Casa Foundation
Please accept our Best regards